Monday, November 16, 2015

Laptop Down Again

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long, my laptop is down again. Just tried to go on the Internet one day and it wouldn't let me. Checked my phone's connection, which was fine, so it wasn't the wifi. I did some troubleshooting, found a problem, called someone who had me uninstall the malfunctioning device, but the next step was to go on their website to reinstall it.

Well, I can't do that if the problem is I can't get online.

So I'm back at the KPL doing my blog. Next time I meet up with someone with a functioning computer for an extended period of time, hopefully I'll be able to get it back up and running. Until then, I'm using my smart phone for all my Internet necessities.

Last week I did two days of training for Mental Health First Aid. As you probably guessed, it's like First Aid, but for mental health. Went there through my employer along with my coworkers to improve our skills working with people who have dual diagnosis. It was kind of like my safeTALK training back in school, as they both had a focus on suicide prevention.

Last Friday was Friday the 13th. I got accepted by a new family to work with and I finally got my paycheque. It wasn't so unlucky. My laptop crashing did happen directly after I created the 13th edition of my resume, though.

I got a new phone plan with unlimited minutes. I feel posh. But when part of your job is making calls on your cell phone, it really is necessary. I mean, I was still pulling a profit, but you don't want to be clipping out a portion of your pay as you work, you know?

I've been able to voice-chat over Facebook with my Malian friend. Haven't spoken to someone who knows the language fluently in a long time. It really doesn't leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment