Friday, January 20, 2017

Direct Support Work

Hey everyone what's up?!

So you know how I've had to branch away from my field recently in favour of industrial work?

Well, when I contacted the coordinator who linked me with the two contracts that I would have to cancel, she responded with "What can I say to change your mind?"

I told her that there were lots of things she could say to change my mind. I said that I was refusing evening and weekend work so that I could maintain my original three contracts with the agency, and I said I wasn't accepting ongoing work because I had to slot away the "Train the Trainer" training in late February. I said that I would rather survive within my field than flourish outside of it, that my loyalty was 100% with the company, but that to continue working with them, I needed to survive, and that I wasn't surviving.

So they offered me an additional 20 hours and an increase in pay.

I didn't know I was valuable enough to play hard ball.

So I'm giving it another go as a full-time Direct Support Worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment