Saturday, June 23, 2018

Ear Infection

Hi! Sorry that it's been so long!

Earlier in the month I developed a really bad summer cold. My roommate got it too. He had to take two days off and wasn't feeling at top shape for four days.

For me, it started in my throat and continued to my sinuses. I hate head colds. A body infection hurts, but doesn't trigger the same fears as something that exists in your head. Having symptoms that include "Hurting when you breathe" creates a feeling of claustrophobia within your own body.

I'm pretty sure I had a fever, but my thermometer had stopped working, even though I had used it only twice before.

My ears started to feel like there were balloons behind them, and I was afraid they would pop. I also noticed that my left eye had turned bright red and wouldn't open fully.

So I went to a walk in clinic. The doctor said that I had a sinus, ear, and eye infection and they were all connected. He prescribed me some pills and eye drops.

The eye drops cleared out their infection in a few days, but I'm still taking them because I didn't get instructions to stop until I run out of my bottle. The sinus infection has cleared out, but I still have the ear infection. I can hear out of my right ear again, and my left ear doesn't feel like it has a "balloon" behind it, but it still feels like there is a "bubble" and isn't performing up to standard.

I just finished my first week of Summer Program. People told me I was still too sick to work, but I showed them. The doctor said, after looking in my ears, that I have ruptured my ear drums before. If that ever happened, I don't recall. I wonder if it ever came to that.

Right when I was feeling better, my laptop broke. Just the monitor. The screen's hardware isn't damaged, but there is a hugely prominent discolouration when it is on diplay, which follows the pattern of something that has been shattered.

I bought this laptop right after I got my grouphome job. Now, I may have to purchase a new laptop after having been accepted for a new position. I feel like "fate" is intervening in a way that requires me to buy a new laptop whenever I gain a new position.

This is my weakest time of year financially. My summer job has started but I haven't received my first paycheck, and my OSAP loans have run out.

I really want to keep updating this blog, but I can't unless I stop being sick. I'm hoping to finish things off soon. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment