Thursday, July 30, 2020

Recipe Blog

I spent a lot of time last night writing an update, and somehow, it didn't publish or save as a draft. No idea where it went. I notice that a lot of things on Blogger look slightly different today, so maybe my draft disappeared with the old format.

One thing I did start last night, however, was my food blog. Awhile back, I asked for advice on what I should name it. I didn't get any suggestions, and I almost went with the achingly boring "Gryphon's Recipes", but at the last second, I called it Gryphood.

Get it? Gryph-food. Oh well, if it works it works and if it doesn't it doesn't.

I've got one post on there right now, my Katimabread recipe. I think that, even if the blog doesn't pick up a lot of traction, it will be personally useful because I won't have to dig up old recipes I found online, I can just check Gryphood. Eventually it will be like a recipe book.

It's my intention not to do that annoying thing that most recipe blogs do, where they write an essay on why the dish is intimately important to them, and they add a ton of pictures so you have to scroll a mile to get to the actual recipe. I'll have one picture of the finished product up top, I'll provide a source for where I got the recipe, then I'll have an ingredients list, then instructions, and at the bottom I'll have my essay on personal importance. No pressure to read it if you just wanna cook.

The format's really rough. Blogger doesn't work quite how I remember, but here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment