Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Dreams in 2022

One of my goals for 2022 was to record my dreams more consistently. I was disappointed with my follow through on that, but looking over last year, I'm surprised at how many I managed to write down. I'm going to put a few of them on here.

Lots of my dreams included people I know in real life and information about my relationship to them. For confidentiality reasons, I won't include personal information. Some of my dreams were pretty dark, and some were pretty mundane, so I won't share those either because they aren't fun.

I'm a fan of dream interpretation, but because these spanned over the last year I'm not confident that I'll remember what was happening in my life at the time. I don't think I can offer much insight on the deeper meanings

Dream 1: I'm on a platform, gliding along a track. I get stopped by a fare inspector and instructed to tap my card on their reader. I tap it and they say that it doesn't show that I paid at the previous stop.

A person on the glider ahead of me tells me that there was a stop a little while ago where I was supposed to pay, and this one is for confirmation. I don't remember a previous stop and have to get off my glider.

I ask the security guards if I can walk back to the previous stop. They say they don't want me walking back on my own, but I can walk back with a musician they know. They say he's going to have to go back anyway because he's going to "bomb"

Dream 2: The forest spirits lost something and they tell me and some other people to harvest wild celery to help them find it.

Dream 3: Found three animals. They are woolly like sheep, have trunks like elephants, are the size of dogs, and meow like cats. I bring them home. Their original owners track them back to our place. We pretend not to be home, but they confront us and we give them back.

Dream 4: My brother talks me into pretending to be a masked supervillain and to try and steal something from a group of women. They attack me. I don't want to hit them so I wind up getting unmasked. I'm a lawyer, so I'm mad at my brother for talking me into committing a crime.

Dream 5: I'm conducting interviews and there's a woman who won't tell us her name. We ask her, but she gets awkward and changes the subject. We tell her that she doesn't have to tell us her real name, just something that we can call her, but she gets awkward again. We ask some people that know her and they also become awkward. Later we find out she filed a complaint about us because we tried to figure out her name.

(I don't remember why I kept saying "we", or who else was conducting the interviews) 

Dream 6: I move into a new apartment with my old roommate. He's taking care of the neighbour's dog. I open the balcony door and she runs out and jumps off. My roommate goes to find her.

After he leaves my cat Kieran runs out and jumps off the balcony too. I go out and find him crouched with big eyes. I remember that this behaviour is called the "church mouse".

I bring him into the building but he keeps squirming in my arms. He escapes and gets into some dirty water the custodians were using.

I grab him but he gets me covered in the dirty water and after this, everything I touch gets dirty. I see a sign saying there are surveillance cameras and I worry that I'll be caught getting dirty water everywhere.

Dream 7: I'm climbing a mountain and find a room built into the rock. I go in an find a freezer full of chicken breasts. I take one and leave a soft pretzel to replace it. I also leave a note saying what I did.

The guy who lives there suddenly shows up and is yelling at me, so I push him down the mountain. He's knocked out.

I'm irritated now so I take another chicken breast and take back my soft pretzel.

No comments:

Post a Comment