Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Work Anniversary

Today was my fifth work anniversary at WALES. Technically, I started a week later because of an overlap with my old Summer Program job, but the agency still counts my anniversary as being August 28th. They sent me flowers and a $75 Indigo gift card.


I also get an extra week of vacation going forward.

More importantly, it was also Lee-Anne's first day of work. She's back at the CNIB, the Canadian National Institute for the Blind, where she finished an extended paid internship about half a year ago. Her new position has more potential to be a long-term thing, as it's a one year contract with a three month probation. That's pretty standard, it's how I started at WALES. It took me a couple years to go permanent.

She's doing something slightly new now. She's providing employment supports for people with vision loss. She didn't want me to announce her job on here until she'd signed her contract and done her first day, which I understand.

It's cool that our work anniversaries are on the same day (even if I started work a week later).

To keep the good feelings rolling, we went to City Hall and got our marriage license. Still needs to be signed by an officiant. Our ring pillow thing came in the mail today too. We went out for dinner to celebrate everything.

Less glamourous but almost as important, we finally got a plumber to come in and look at some things. 

I also got stung by a wasp today. Pretty eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment