Sunday, December 8, 2013

Red Friday

I always wear red on Fridays. I noticed back when I was doing the AV tapings. On the second Friday, I was watching myself from the previous Friday. I noticed I was wearing the same shirt as I was the week previous. On the third Friday, I noticed that, even though I was wearing a different shirt, it was still red. I have three red shirts.

I thought maybe it's because my laundry day is Thursday and I subconsciously like red more than I thought, so it's my first choice when I get a batch of clean clothes. But I've noticed that, even if I do my laundry on a different day, I will consistently choose red for Fridays.

Sometimes I notice that I'm wearing red right before I leave, or even just after I get dressed, but I don't bother to change what I'm wearing. If it's what my subconscious wants to do, let it. Why not.

I know studies have shown that people wearing red take the initiative more and people believe them to be more assertive. Conversely, the colour blue gives you a more calming presence. I also know that red in advertisements for food give the impression of being good-tasting, whereas blue gives the impression of being healthy.

So I guess that's something to think about.

I have only one more exam, which is tomorrow, and then I only have a culminating review. My review was on Thursday, but I recently got a notification that peoples' schedules needed to be changed. I thought they would be changed to Tuesday or Wednesday, because the sign-up paper was put on a door next to a different student adviser's sign-up paper. I thought they'd realized they can't do multiple interviews in the same room at once and had to change so they were interviewing at different times.

But no. They are the same day, but different times. And there are still overlapping times between the two of them. This time around I didn't get lucky and get in early, so I have to do it on Friday.

Now I've got my interview on Friday the 13th, and I have to wait a full schoolweek before going home, despite finishing my last final at the beginning of the week. That bad luck is already getting to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment