Thursday, February 26, 2015

Shave My Beard

So it's a go-ahead for the Shave Gryphon's Beard initiative. My fundraising group that is collecting for the Patrice Butts Fund saw my beard as a resource, and for the first time in five years, I'm making myself vulnerable to being shaved.

I grew it in Katimavik when I entered a group beard-growing competition. Perhaps, since its birth came at the start of my educational journey, it's only proper that it dies at the end of it.

We decided on $250 for the beard. They said $100, I said $500, we met in the middle.

If it happens, it will be on April 2nd. I will be shaved in public and video taped to be presented on the Internet. The highest bidder will choose a facial hair style for me. So if you ever wondered what I'd look like with a goatee, muttonchops, handlebar mustache, Fu Manchu etc. Now's your time to find out.

I'm hoping for a Hollywood Hulk Hogan, but and I'm worried about those creative types. I've heard suggestions of one-side shaved one-side not, beard-hair Pikachu cheeks, a reverse-chinstrap, stripes, and of course, a Hitler mustache.

I'd keep the chosen style for a week, then shave it off completely. Then immediately grow my beard back with my amazing facial hair growth.

I started a GoFundMe which takes online donations. So do it.

http://www.gofundme.com/n9or2s

No comments:

Post a Comment