Friday, March 6, 2015

Bake Sale

A little while ago I had an exam for a Family's course. It was at 8:00 AM an with everything else going on, I just wasn't feeling it. I remember leaving that exam feeling very pessimistic.

We got our them back recently. I stated the complaint that "If you get them back during class, you'll only want to review them if you've done well and it will reaffirm your success. If you would actually benefit from a review, it's better to leave it and give them a chance to absorb the new before looking toward a solution."

When I got my test returned, I looked at the front page and asked my neighbours "Does the number on the front of the exam say what your actual grade is? Or is it, like, a percentage for a question in the exam?"

I got 28 out of 29, or 97%.

I realized that the day I will shave my beard is the same day that I do a simulation exercise. In this exercise, we have to go to an apartment which hosts a couple of actors playing a mother and daughter that have hit hard times. Depending on what the greatest bidder is, I might have to walk in there with a blue Fu Manchu.

I'm going to try and learn how to bake a blueberry pie for the bakesale next Friday. It was my favourite recipe from my grandmother, who would bake pies out of wild blueberries that I picked. I won't have the wild blueberries, but I'd still like to give it a shot.

Otherwise, I'm baking pumpkin bread which, while I have in the past complained was too squat and dense, has actually become a fan-favourite among those I have baked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment