Sunday, November 5, 2017

Curtains and Garden

I took a picture of my closet that is now made from a curtain, if you couldn't imagine it from last post's description


See? So much more visually appealing than some hard white panel. The shameful secret of closet doors is that their only function is to obscure vision as to what is inside the closet. A curtain can easily fill this role with better aesthetic appeal.

I've also stitched up my backpack recently. I think I've mentioned, but every time I sew, I feel like I have to relearn. My backpack split across the seem from where the zipper connects with the rest of the pack, meaning that I could still zip,  but it wouldn't obscure anything from within the pack. Like a closet without a curtain.

In the past, I've sewn up backpack tears with fishing line. If a fish can fight for its life against it, it can hold some textbooks, am I right? But when I tried to thread fishing line through the eye of a needle this time around, the fishing line was just too thick.

So I used dental floss. Not proven against fish fighting for their lives, but definitely durable enough to be ground against teeth.

And while I'm sifting through photos, here's a pic of this year's garden setup. Cherry tomato plants looking kind of wilted, but you can see how they've grown, Cabbage plants looking robust, but they still haven't produced, so I don't have much hope for them. Next year I'll just be a tomato farmer


No comments:

Post a Comment