Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Bus Crash

Let's start this month right... with a blog post.

Last weekend, when I was coming back from Guelph, I was scheduled to have a meeting with the initial member of the Community Men's Group. I was going to catch a Greyhound bus at 2:00 and my meeting was at 5:00. The bus from Guelph to Kitchener is often an hour late (no exaggeration) and travel time is about half an hour. So even with an hour and a half buffer, I'd be getting in at 3:30, with the meeting being downtown, so I could attend it without going home first.

Predictably, the Greyhound was half an hour late. Unpredictably, on our way over, we were in a roundabout, and someone with a trailer swung out and took out our side mirror.

Trailer guy took off, but our driver had to stop, ask us to fill out some paperwork, contact local police, and get a new bus to pick us up.

I was unharmed. I'd heard the screeching of metal against metal, and that caused me to look up. I don't know who was at fault, but the fact that the guy with the trailer didn't stop is not a good look for him.

So they manage to have us get picked up by the next Greyhound passing us. At this time, I haven't eaten all day. I'd hoped to do so when I got to Kitchener, but by the time I arrived, I'd had just enough time to make it to my meeting.

The meeting went well, and we made plans for next week. However, it turns out that the place and time we held our meeting transitioned into an Open Space group, which is a spot where people come together to chat and play board games (mostly Uno). It's meant to be a spot where everyone is invited, but it has a bit of an emphasis on people with disabilities.

This particular night was Open Mic Night, and it turns out that I know a ton of people who perform on Open Mic Night. I didn't want to dip on anyone, so I wound up staying until 9:00.

Wound up ordering a pizza as soon as I got in, and that was my one meal for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment