Wednesday, December 11, 2019

2019 Events

Hi everyone, as this year is coming to a close, I would like to cover some events that I failed to speak on as they were occurring.

The first one I'd like to talk about is Alienstock. A while back, a number of people scheduled an attempted raid on Area 51 for September 20th, 2019, a day before my birthday. Their logic was that, if they used the Naruto Run, they would be able to dodge any bullets coming their way, infiltrate the military base and expose whatever secrets they may have.

For those who don't know, the Naruto Run is a form of running in which you hold your arms straight and back. This is based on the manga/anime series Naruto, which was, at least at one time, the most popular anime internationally. The story surrounds a young man named Naruto who wishes to become the strongest ninja in the world.

The run is meant to make a person more aerodynamic and allows them to keep their hands closer to their waist, where their ninja weapons are located. There is another theory that this style of running is easier to animate, and therefore, it might be a financial/labour decision put forth by animators.

Before the Naruto Run became well known, it was known as the Airplane.

Here is a phrase I've heard to desribe the Naruto/Airplane Run:

I'm a little airplane look at me! I'm a little airplane whee!

 

Clearly, this running form was never meant to oppose the United States military. The main fear I had going into this was that someone would take this joke way too seriously and actually attempt to perform a military raid. Fortunately, there is a large expanse of space between the border that people are not meant to cross and the actual military base, and since the cross section of alien conspiracy theorists and anime fans don't tend to be the most athletic, there wasn't need for any kind of strong resistance to be put into place. They could basically wait with a bottle of water and an offer to give them a ride back to their camp.

For the most part, people just threw a party near the border with a fake protest. You might be familiar with the phrase "Clap Alien Cheeks", which came from a protester's sign.

Honestly though? Alien conspiracy theories and anime, and right before my birthday? Even if I didn't attend, it felt like a gift.

A while back, we had a few training sessions to teach us about mindfulness. The first day, we had a pretty charismatic speaker who shared a number of personal stories and did a good job of pulling from the audience. The next day, we had someone who led us through a mindfulness experience pretty similar to guided meditation. We were just supposed to identify word thoughts, vision thoughts, and thoughts inbetween.

Well, I wound up seeing:
-Aurora Borealis
-Castles collapsing into sand
-Stars opening into eyes
-Wooden flowers blossoming
-Floating opera masks

Among others. I wrote down everything I saw, but I can't find the list. These are the images that jump to mind.

The guy had told us to straighten our backs to connect with the universe. As soon as he released us, I instantly bent my spine in an attempt to disconnect. I'd felt like I'd been thrown through the cosmos. I was really surprised that such a brief exercise would have such a strong effect. I think I was the only person who was freaked out by it though. Everyone else seemed relaxed.

I learned a little while ago that dairy is off the Canadian Food Guide as a category. Dairy products still exist, but they fall under other sections, such as protein. I hate to toot my own horn, but once upon a time, I questioned the validity of dairy as a food category. I think it may have even been in the blog before this, but I noted that in any of the other food categories, there was a pretty direct consequence to not eating them. However, with dairy, I knew a number of lactose intolerant people who were doing just fine, so what was the point of dairy? I had a comment saying that if you don't eat dairy long enough, that it becomes difficult to consume. But that didn't seem like much of a consequence to me.

I guess what they've been pushing is the idea of calcium and how that benefits bone structure. Well, I guess you can receive those benefits through other categories, because calcium, you are OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment