Monday, December 30, 2019

Boxing Day 2019

This year, Boxing Day was more exciting than it usually is. After spending a low-profile Christmas in Guelph, I went to Lee-Anne's place in Brampton, where her immediate family was gathering. If we need a definition attached to the term "immediate family", that means her parents and her parents' children, their significant others, and their grandchildren.

I got to meet the last of the three brothers, two of the significant others, and two grandchildren.

Her mother set up a stocking for me. Counting everyone else, I arguably fit the 13th spot, which has me apprehensive, because apostle-wise, that is the spot of Judas. But because one of the grandchildren was born after I met Lee-Anne, that means we both make our Christmas-stocking debut this year. I feel uncomfortable competing with a child that is under one year old, but I guess that's just how it has to be.

You could argue that, because one of the stockings was set up for Leo, the family cat, that nobody gets to 13 if you exclude him. But I respect Leo's position in the stocking hierarchy.

The family was very generous in their gift giving, and surprisingly well researched. In my stocking, I got a hat and mittens (because I tend to underdress in cold weather), sunflower seeds (some edible, some for planting), one of those chocolate oranges, hot sauce, peanuts, a jar of homemade soup, among other things. As far as what was left under the tree, I was given a collection of hot sauces and a new laptop!!

They also sent me home with like, three servings of homemade lasagna, a macaroni casserole, some spicy cheese and some olives.

Something else they gave me was the flu.

Not hating. I'm glad that everyone showed up, but there were a couple of people in a recovery stage whne they attended the gathering, and after the festivities ended, it wasn't just me feeling adverse effects.

So yeah, this is my excuse as to why I'm not making my post count goal this year. In an update previous, I said that I wasn't sure of the ethics of it, bit that I would try to at least match my previous record low by jamming December full of updates. I'm taking this flu thing as a divine intervention, telling me to play fair.

So yeah, look forward to my resolutions for 2020, and I also got some stuff in store for because I thought it up when I still thought I could make it into 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment