Sunday, February 2, 2020

0202 2020

I gotta update, because it's another fun date. Today is the second day of the second month of 2020, or 0202 2020. It looks the same, written normally or in reverse. One of my coworkers texted me, since she knows I'm into fun number stuff, as I'd brought up the 20th day of 2020 this past January 20th at our team meeting.

I've been on vacation this past week. Turns out, since I went from my initial part-time hours at WALES, to full-time hours, and then to an increased part-time, I developed a bunch of vacation time. I even need to take off another week and a day and a half before the end of March. Oh well, it's a good problem to have.

The bus strike ended last Saturday. At WALES, we held bets on what day the strike would end (no prizes, just for pride). A lot of people bet last Tuesday, because that would mark a week since the strike started. I bet this past Friday, because I thought that people would be reminded of the tension after a week in, and then talks would be scheduled, and an agreement would be implemented a day after the discussion. I turned out to be a day off. My folly was thinking that change couldn't be initiated on a weekend.

Even though I was on vacation, I still managed to work on the evenings of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Monday I ran a Community Men's Group, on Tuesday and Thursday I did Direct Support Work, and on Wednesday I co-facilitated a Safe Management course.

I considered spending the first Saturday and Sunday of my vacation in Guelph, but ultimately decided to slot away a few days for myself. Didn't accomplish much, but I did replace the doorknob on the walk-in closet which had fallen off, and I replaced the shower curtain/rod (which Lee-Anne had subtly donated to me).

I spent the next weekend at home, and we did the Pokemon Go Community Day Voting, and the Mincinno Event. PoGo tracks your steps and distance and rewards you for it, and I didn't think I would meet the conditions to be rewarded this week since I spent so much time inside, but between Voting Day and Mincinno, I easily made the requirements.

I reconnected with someone that I used to support (encouraged by EaF, I'm not breaching boundaries), and we watched the most recent Star Wars movie. This was really good for me, since I don't have other friends who were interested in the movie, and the same culd be said for my friend who wanted to watch the film.

I saw some deer during my time off. They were just off the LRT, in a patch of woods that is surrounded on all sides by urban archetecture. Somehow I thought to grab some photos. Here they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment