Thursday, February 7, 2013

Saw Justin Trudeau

Today, Justin Trudeau came to our school.  Remember me talking about that boxing match between politicians a ways back? Yeah, well, the guy that won, the smaller one, who was debating in favour of Katimavik, spoke in The Sanctuary. If you'll recall, The Sanctuary is that second, classier cafeteria we have that serves beer on Tuesday mornings.

I somehow got pushed to the front of the crowd, so I was up-front-and-centre. If his speech got televised, I bet you I'm in it, predominantly in the background. There were a lot of cameras, but I guess that doesn't necessarily  mean it will be televised. There are probably cameras everywhere he goes.

I was literally a foot and a half  away from him for most of his speech. I made an effort to make an educated guess on this.

Also, randomly, today I also heard of his boxing opponent, Brazeau, getting charged for sexual and physical assault. He may lose his position as Senator.

I have been accepted into two Social Service Worker programs, still waiting on the other three. The ones I've been accepted into are both in Toronto. I've got my info session on this coming 27th for my first choice. They added another slot, so I could put it off to March, but I don't feel like it. However, in Psyche today, we learned that Long Term vs. Short Term memory causes people to have a better shot at getting hired if they are the first or last to be interviewed. And since the first info session was yesterday, and the last one is March, that puts mine right in the middle. Wondering if I should transfer to the other session. On the other hand, my teachers have also said that the sooner you do it, the better your chances, so I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment