Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Toronto Flooding

The weather has been crazy! Toronto flooded and a large chunk of the city lost it's power. People were being rescued by boat. Mom got to see the grocery store's parking lot flooded knee-high and some of the inside of the store as well. She said everyone was panicking and the workers were trying to get rid of all the water. We have a severe thunderstorm watch today with risk of hail.

The grocery store is being upgraded, with lots of exposed construction. I'm hoping that's why they were vulnerable to flooding, and that they will have some preventative measure against flooding for the finished project. But I guess where we live, we're just not equipped for weather like this.

We live in a basement apartment, but we haven't had any trouble. We live on a hill, so I guess water's not going to collect around here.

I worked for four days last week. I was hoping to work for five this week, but I got called off because they need fewer workers than they thought. The agency person said she thought it was because of the flooding in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment