Saturday, July 27, 2013

Haidara Aichatta Cisse

Worked a week in the box factory. They put me on a machine and kept me on it. A little more high-intensity than my previous tasks at this place. The person that normally runs the machine was on vacation, so I guess I was his replacement. I hope this didn't knock me out of the inner circle at my cushy position as an order picker.

I'm at the library computers right now. They changed where the Internet section is, so it's near the printer and photo copier, which I guess is an improvement. They swapped out the cushioned chairs for these lawn-chair type ones, though. They also reformatted the system so that I have to go through an additional agreement and a number of things have been renamed.

Mali's got a female candidate for the Presidency. Her name is Haidara Aichatta Cisse, she's 54, native to the North of Mali, and she's angling for the women's vote. Since the women are pretty unified out there, and because there are 27 candidates, with 26 males, even if she doesn't get a single male vote, the male vote will be so divided that I say she's got a real chance. I worry about ballot stuffing, assassination etc., though. It would be such a significant change, it's hard to believe it will occur. She's got my tentative support, although I don't know her policies well enough to make a definite decision. Not like my standpoint really makes a difference, anyway.

My sunflower has a flower bud now. I guess it's maybe four feet tall. Probably would have grown taller if I hadn't broken it's stem and torn it's root system, and maybe the hail and wind storms weren't that healthy for it, either. Still the tallest sunflower in the yard. I'll definitely try the sunflower bit again next year, hopefully with seeds from this one this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment