Saturday, October 25, 2014

Respect Meetings

We had our first two Respect meetings last week that weren't run by our supervisor. I co-facilitated both of them, with a different partner each day. Both went fine, but the meetings were pretty small. We had ten volunteers in our first meeting and five in our second. We had a speaker come in both days and she was good enough to present to such small groups without complaint. She explained the background of Random Act of Kindness Day (this November 9th), which is what the meetings were about. Our next big project is facilitating RAK Day celebrations and events.

I'm being made to celebrate Halloween this year. I don't hardly know what an adult is supposed to dress up as, or where to get material for a costume. And I should probably get that figured out this weekend, since I may not have time during the work week.

Got block placement next week, which means I will be doing placement throughout the week. I also didn't have any projects due last week. Feels like vacation. Although if I hadn't been exempted from my communications class, I'dhave something due this week. And since I have the assignment to develop an Engagement Plan for Respect, and since doing four hours in meetings and five in the office is longer than the two hour comm class, I still don't have a lighter work load.

No comments:

Post a Comment