Wednesday, October 15, 2014

SSW Year 2 Grades

I've had some grades back by now. I got my first essay back, which was on an ethical dilemma that I've faced. I got 90%. Real happy, especially since I was uncertain if I was taking the right direction with it. I got my preliminary proposal back for a group me and a student partner will be running at my placement. 100%. Was on top of the world until I realized that a bunch of other people got the same grade.

When my partner boasted about our accomplishment to the WALES staff, I said "Wanna feel less special?" and explained how we weren't all that amazing considering how high the class average was. So the staff made me write our accomplishment on a piece of paper and put it in the "Awesome Jar".

Got a group assignment back today. 65%. Since passing is 60% and I need to retain a 65% average to stay employed at the school, I wasn't thrilled by this grade. Both my group members were really strong, too. None of us know where we went wrong, so we're looking forward to getting our feedback.

Did our first midterm exam today. I felt unprepared. It was a case study and I didn't feel completely lost on any questions, but not completely comfortable with any of them either. So we'll see how that goes.

Submitted my Field Placement Contract today, which comprises my educational goals, agreed upon and signed by my supervisor.

All in all, based on how intimidated I was at the beginning of the year, having completed two papers, two assignments and an exam with mostly positive results feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment