Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas

Christmas was good. It was the first year I think we've ever had where none of us in Guelph were flat broke, so it came out at a more even exchange than usual. Among other things, I got a new chromatic harmonica. I haven't had one since Air Canada lost my luggage in Katimavik. A little messing around and I can still play "Frere Jacques" and "When the Saints go Marching In" and my blues riff was recognizable.

We had a pretty dreary green Christmas. Grass is growing outside.

I met up with an old friend from high school. I think I had my first "old man" talk. He mentioned something about being around college kids, and it's like... I'm still a college kid, eh? Living in student housing and the whole bit. He pointed out that if we'd started aging when we'd graduated high school, then we'd be in grade two. And I'm one of the few in the old gang who isn't in a committed relationship. Bah.

Got all my grades back and it all turned out okay. I think I've taken an upward swing since last semester. Looks like I perform better under pressure.

Did I mention that a little while ago, my bank changed my credit card to a different type without notifying me? and that it made my new card not work? Well, they ordered me a new one and sent it to my branch in Kitchener so that I can't pick it up.

And my smart phone stopped working. I don't have any outstanding fees, and I spoke someone on the issue. She said that my service is active, I don't have any fees, and my network is fine. But my phone says "No service. Emergency call only", it won't let me text, and it won't let me search for connections.

So I have a credit card and smart phone that I can't use. Should have been content with my debit card and pay-as-you-go flip phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment