Saturday, December 27, 2014

Great Grammie Passes

Earlier today, on December 27th, 2014, my great grandmother passed away at 100 years of age. As far as I've heard, she passed peacefully in her sleep. She woke earlier in the day, requested a meal of her granddaughter, whom she was living with, ate, and decided to take a nap. She fell asleep holding her granddaughter's hand, spoke in her sleep to her father, and passed. She is the last of the third generation before me.

I hear it's not uncommon for someone to pass after Christmas. They find the strength to live long enough to attend that ceremony that our society puts in such high regard.

The last time I saw her was between when I finished Ways2Work and started Katimavik, at a family reunion. I don't remember the exact date, but that would put me between nineteen and twenty years of age, so six-five years ago. Since then, I'd spoken to her over the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment