Monday, December 1, 2014

Spice Rack

Last weekend, I helped a friend's sister move. Shewas tryingto get rid of a bunchof stuff, whichmeant I made major gain. I took home a garbage bag full of pots and pans, a serving tray, and a strainer.

The most prized catch, however, was the spice rack.

It's a set of glass bottles in a pair of shelves built to fit. There are metal engravings labeling which spice goes in what. A metal engraving is on each, shaped as whichever plant the bottled spice is supposed to grow from.

I had every spice to fit the rack, except Rosemary, Tarragan, and Coriander.

My roommate put garlic powder in the Coriander bottle.I confronted him on it, and he said that I "use garlic powder all the time" and that I "don't even know what Coriander is".

Whatever. I'm not discouraged.

Me and my friend were making pasta. Real simple stuff. Noodles and store-made sauce, you know? But we decided to crack out the spices. It was pointed out that we had spices now, and I had to remind that we always had the spices. They just weren'tin a lovely rack. We were excited to usethe rack, not the spices.

Tarragon is expensive, yeah? I bought that stuff purely for show.

And while we're at it, I bought a new phone. Here is my first upgrade, side-by-side:

No comments:

Post a Comment