Wednesday, August 26, 2015

End of Summer Program

Today was the last day of Summer Program. During the evaluation week, we wrote our perspectives on the summer, we discussed it in-depth with the program coordinators, we got our personal assessments, we compiled data from participant evaluation sheets, we made house calls to get feedback on participant experiences during the overnight, we sorted through photos taken throughout the summer, we designed a collage from participant art based on their overnight experience, we picked up clay art that had been made during Wacky Water Week but took time to finish, and we cleaned the accessible van.

We all got a special lunch ordered in for us this week. We gave a gift to our supervisor, and each of us received a framed sheet with a collection of praise given to us by our coworkers.

I feel like I'm finally "psychologically graduating". After I graduated I kept living in student housing, I went back to my old student job, I kept using my student bus pass, and I kept going to the school to use their printer.

But now my student job is ending, I'm moving out of student housing, my student bus pass is expiring, and my student account will be shut down, so I can't use the printer. When I graduated, it felt like summer vacation. But now summer vacation is ending, and I won't be going back to school/

I had a Facile meeting tonight, and I was getting a ride from my Facile mentor. Right after I said my goodbyes and left the building, she had just arrived and was ready to take me to my meeting. It was exactly like leaving my old life behind and being carried directly into my new.

No comments:

Post a Comment