Saturday, August 29, 2015

Prep for September

Recently, I went to the school and backed up everything on my student account that I want to keep, since it will be shut down as of Tuesday. I also bought a city bus pass for September, the first one I've purchased in literally a year. My last pass was dated August 2014. On the September pass, there is a picture of an apple to represent the month, which I took to signify the supposed tradition of students giving apples to teachers as a show of gratitude (never actually saw it happen...). It appears that even though I got an Adult bus pass, the association of my birth month and the beginning of school will always be a thing...

I updated ,my resume recently. Since I'm gainfully employed, I don't expect to use it anytime soon, but I hadn't updated it since becoming an Independent Facilitator and Direct Support Worker, or since my second go as a Summer Program Leader, since my stint at Healing of the 7 Generations, or since graduating. I just did it for my own self-esteem, and it was really gratifying to be able to make all those changes at once. I sent in an application to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Provided nothing unexpected happen, I should soon be able to legally refer to myself as Gryphon Sibbald, RSSW.

I also finally created a LinkedIn account, which is like a social networking site, but focusing on professional stuff.

Check it out, I have a bio on the Facile website (I'm third from the top): http://facilewaterlooregion.ca/who-we-are/our-staff/

Three more of my sunflowers blossomed. That's five out of seven, now. The other two have two days before I move, although since one of my friends will be living here, he's offered to oversee my garden and allow me access to it, so I don't feel so much like I'm abandoning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment