Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Flytrap

I figured out how to get my DVD and VHS player working. The cord I had was just missing a jack. I got another one and it works now. I'm also willing to bet that I know how to get the tetris system running. It's got a section on the back labeled +AA. Since I haven't used it since early high school, I'm willing to bet the batteries are dead. It's fastened on by a screw, though. Apparently they hadn't developed that little plastic clip technology at that point.

I have a Venus flytrap growing kit! This is like a childhood dream come true! It has raised something of a strange question, though. I bought it without thinking of the implications of a fly-eating plant. People eat to live, so will the flytraps need to eat to live? And from there, does that mean they would need to eat flies to live. And from there, does that mean we need a fly problem to sustain the flytraps? I could probably find out, I haven't opened the kit yet.

Oh well, if that's the case I'll just set a bowl of rotting fruit next to it and my roommates will have to deal. I'm not letting anything get in the way of this, this is too important for me.

In a similar vein, they had a sunflower growing kit, which I scoffed at. You don't need a kit for sunflowers, just get a packet of seeds from the dollar store. I saw the sunflower kit and had expressed my indignation before seeing the flytraps. Could be the same situation, I wouldn't know. I've never seen flytrap seeds before.

And on that point, I'm looking forward to gardening this year. I've got my sunflower's seeds from last year and will try planting them. If I can manage it, it will be my first time growing something from something I've grown. There's a community garden nearby, which I think I'll rent a plot from.

I got swindled into buying a Canada Dry Black Cherry pop. I made the purchase based on the assumption that Canada Dry meant "ginger ale" because that's the only product I know of that company making, and I'd never seen a ginger ale fusion before. After the purchase, I looked at the ingredients and saw nothing to indicate ginger ale. And it tasted nothing like ginger ale either. It was just black cherry.

I walked by a truck's trailer today, through a parking lot. I walked by it without giving it much notice, glanced at it, saw the door was open with no one around, and that inside it was a mountain of skinned goats, staring at me with dead goat-eyes. Was just an interesting sight.

I'm going to Graphic Facilitation Training tomorrow. This will teach me how to act in the role of graphic facilitator during paths and maps sessions, which brings in a circle of friends to do a session that helps a person make a life plan. The graphic facilitator is in charge of illustrating the path or map.

No comments:

Post a Comment