Saturday, April 2, 2016

Tetris Machine

I got my Tetris machine working. That means I've got my DVD and VHS player, my Gamecube and Tetris machine all up and going, and my little retro entertainment system is complete.

My Tetris high scores from elementary school are still on this thing. I used to be a beast at it. I just did a round, felt pretty proud of myself, looked at the high score, and saw that my score was only about a sixth of my previous best.

I enjoy opening my laptop next to the little CRT tube TV I'm using for these things and showcasing that my (cheap) laptop has not only a better quality, but larger screen. People don't know why I put myself through using the old TV. They don't get that it's a part of the experience.

We... uh... just got a cold snap. I thought that because the winter wouldn't stick around, alternating between winter and spring weather, that once spring kicked in, winter would be done. But it looks like spring is going to be just as inconsistent as our winter. We've got as much snow as we ever did during winter.

I'm looking at the growing instructions for my Venus flytraps, and it turns out, they are very gradual to develop. They only show signs of growth after three months of care, and only reach full maturation after three years!

I feel better about my purchase. Seeing that it had a sunflower counterpart, I felt like, since sunflowers are super easy to grow, that you just need seeds, not a full kit, that maybe it would be the same for the flytraps. But no, there's a special disk that you dissolve to grow it, it comes with a "terrarium", etc.

I'm going to be doing MAP and PATHS training in Toronto, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, leaving tomorrow. It's an expansion on that Graphic Facilitation training I did in Guelph, but this is the more serious business training. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment