Thursday, March 3, 2011

Afternoon Shift

Ever since I started this new job, I haven't spoken to my brother. He's asleep when I get home, and he's at school by the time I get up.

And yeah, stupid shift killed Karate. I guess I should save for CWY anyway, but by the time I'm done with this shift, I'll be gone for six months. And I don't really plan on sitting stagnant, doing jobs like this, more than I can help it, once I get back. So who knows where that will take me. I'm probably done with this practice for some time.

My last work was mind-numbingly simple and physically taxing. My new job is physically simple, but mentally exhaustive. And this work is like being back in high school. Except it's eight hours instead of six, with a half-hour break instead of a full hour, and I can't skip class or avoid my teacher's view. Oh, but I get paid. Actually, that's a pretty darn good counter point. And it looks better on a resume, sadly.

Today (yesterday, I guess) is the anniversary of the start of Katimavik.

Ouch. All of a sudden I felt like I was going to die of old age very soon.

I saw that guy who returned Mom's wallet's face on a poster randomly. Guess he really is quasi-famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment