Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bad Day

Couple days ago, I lost my wallet. I remember the last time I used it. I held it out to show my bus pass to the driver when I was headed home after work. I remember how I held it. I didn't get bumped or jostled at all on the way home. I walked straight to an empty seat and sat there until I reached my destination.

Mom's lost her wallet twice, and both times it was returned to her intact.

I keep my wallet in my front pocket. I always felt like it was a bad idea to leave your wallet in your back pocket, where your blind spot is, and I don't like sitting on my wallet. I felt pretty sly, too, when Mom lost her wallet twice, and I never had. Thought it made it more likely to fall out, too, or something.

Same day I discovered my wallet was missing, I almost was put on Day Shift. My teacher was shifting, and they were going to shift me with him, since my training period was over, and he could still be around in case I had some rookie issues while I was still new to working on my own. But he spoke to the supervisor later, saying I couldn't run the machine on my own yet, and so they're keeping me on Afternoons. They're going to keep training me.

Same day, when I was at work, one side of my pants ripped... All the way from my hip to my knee. All in one shot. They were perfectly intact. It's not like I touched anything sharp. I bumped into a blunt object, and my pants exploded! It's not like they were tight, either, so they weren't already under strain or anything. They were more on the baggy side, if anything. I had to use Scotch tape to tape up my leg for the remainder of the work day. I couldn't bend my knee without it coming loose.

And also, I accidentally said I'd work overtime on my brother's birthday.

When I tried to log onto Twitter to complain about my bad day, the site said that it recognized the username and password, but that my entry was forbidden.

Well... It's been a day since then. And guess what? I got my wallet back! Someone turned it in! Also, for some reason, Twitter let me in! (Although I've no idea why they shut me out to begin with).

Don't tell them yet that my luck's turned for the better. I just put my complaints through, and the story wouldn't get the same reception if they read the positive side of things before the negative.

Hey, don't look at me like that! I'm simply reconstructing the situation to better express the story in it's truer form. In this case, posting the present conditions would be less honest.

And c'mon... Nobody reads my Twitter anyway.

So anyway, the wallet thing's resolved... The pants thing is actually pretty funny and helped me break the ice with a lot of coworkers... I got my Twitter back... Just missing Day shift, having to continue training, swallow my failure, and missing my brother's birthday to deal with...

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Twitter ... I rarely tweet about things because there are few things where I just want to throw out a text-message-sized comment and move on. I typically want to discuss things in reasonable detail, usually with people I know, so they go on my blog or on Facebook.

    Some people I know are all about Twitter. I'm glad they like it, but I just don't see what they see.

    I'm glad you got your wallet back. I keep mine in my front pocket as well, for what I think are the same reasons (safety and comfort).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days it does just feel like everything goes wrong, the stars are in a bad position or something. Let's hope that day got a lot of bad luck out of the way at once! xox

    ReplyDelete