Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Carzy New Job

Today, I got to manage my station, but only with my work partner looking over my shoulder, correcting every mistake I made. He told me that this training period will last about two weeks! And you know what's most scary about that? I think I'll NEED it!

Today, I listened to a lecture and wrote a test, which took about an hour and a half. I had to introduce myself to everyone in the factory. And I had a job interview. In the interview, my employer referenced "When" I'm hired full-time, not "if".

This is a crazy job. They've invested a lot into me. I'll feel guilty to leave, but this isn't the field I would prefer to stay in.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel guilty if there comes a time when you want to do something different. A lot of companies don't show loyalty to their employees except when it's convenient; when times change, they may let employees go without a second thought.

    This is highly dependent upon national, provincial and local laws, though, as well as any bargaining agreements that may cover your job. Down here, a lot of jobs are at-will employment, meaning they can cut you loose without any warning (although you may qualify for unemployment benefits).

    Anyway, it's always easier to find another job when you already have one, or so they say. (The tricky part is interviewing.) If this place is willing to hire you full-time, maybe that'll give you a chance to learn stuff while you keep looking for something you'd want to do more.

    ReplyDelete