Sunday, January 8, 2012

Neighbour, Guelph Katimavik

So, I have this neighbour. We were never really close or anything, but if we saw each other, we'd stop to say hi and smallchat, and we even went so far as to go out of our way to hang out a couple of times. When I was gone, my mother made a point of telling him that her son had left for Quebec. He seemed confused, so she described me, but it didn't spark a memory.

I figured he just couldn't really imagine me as being the son of my mother, or that it just didn't occur to him at the time. But I recently ran into him, and guess what? HE DOESN'T REMEMBER ME.

Oh well, I guess it wasn't my most valued relationship, but it's still kind of weird.

Guelph has Katimavik now. I learned about that near the beginning of CWY. I think you may remember me noting that I'd seen a Katimavan, but with no participants, and instead, a bunch of furniture. I wondered if maybe we'd be getting our own group. Yeah, well, we did. I learned about it because I got an invitation to the start-of-program party. I had to tell them sorry, but I'm doing CWY. I just missed the end-of-program party for the same reason, because I was in reintegration camp.

But now, there's another new group, just four days old today, and they've invited me to their party. It's this Tuesday, at the YMCA. It's a new Project Leader, too. I guess the first one was only on for six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment