Monday, April 28, 2014

Back at Well

Today, when I went into work, my boss was all "Well, you guys know what to do" and I was like, "Actually, I've been hired as a packer this time, and I was never trained on packing" and she was all "But that's perfect, we need pickers right now".

I'm never going to pack, am I? There was even a few times today when everyone who knew how to pack was put on packing, and I was one of the few schlubs who was exclusively a picker, even though I'm a veteran.

The agency that sends me there sends me an email every day that I work. Last year, my job title was order picker, and this time my title is packager. But all I do is pick.

Order picking is like riding a bike. I had no trouble getting back into the swing of things.

Pickers don't make boxes anymore, and we don't estimate the size of the box, either. Makes sense, I guess. A friend of mine from last year who was on packing told me that over half the time, the box size the picker chose was wrong and they'd have to repack it.

There's a bunch of new lines. There's the HV Line, the Bulk Line, the Meth Line (short for "Method")... Pretty easy to figure out if you know how to navigate the warehouse, though.

Not as many old faces as I thought. There were a couple friends from eight months ago, but a lot of employees have left. A lot of the senior employees don't remember me... I remember them...

I got an interview with Extend-a-Family this Thursday.

The oven here is broken so I can't bake bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment