Thursday, April 10, 2014

Butterfly Conservatory

Well, I'm done job carving. The training took place at the Butterfly Conservatory. It's an indoor habitat for butterflies. I'd been there once before when I was a child, back when it was called the Wings of Paradise. It was cool, because I hadn't thought about the place in years, but when I went there, I instantly remembered the entire layout. It hasn't changed much, except when I went, there were only butterflies, goldfish and quails. Now they have turtles, finches, and a parakeet. In their information exhibits, besides butterflies, they cover moths, tarantulas, and scorpions, and bees. They have live examples of each of those except bees, too. It's slowly becoming an all-purpose tropical zone.

The little machine they have that presses images on coins is suffering from inflation. In the past, you'd put a dollar in and a penny and it would squash the penny into a work of art, but now, because we got rid of pennies, you have to put in a dollar and then use a nickel.

Wait, isn't it illegal to purposely destroy money?

The other day, I went to a meeting for Student Life staff and we were all asked to introduce ourselves and how we were associated. For the first time, I got to say "I am a Respect Leader." Not, "I will be a Respect Leader" or "I have earned the title of Respect Leader", but "I am a Respect Leader" and I got to say it in front of the head honchos. I got to meet the other two Leaders for September. Both are new. It's going to be a full new team next year.

1 comment:

  1. That butterfly conservatory sounds amazing - I'd love to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete