Saturday, March 14, 2015

Fundraising Event

We had our bake sale, silent auction, and games day fundraiser event yesterday. I made pumpkin bread, banana bread, and blueberry pie for the event. I'd never baked a pie before, and the result was so ugly. The crust was cracked and the blueberry juice was bleeding through. I wasn't even going to bring them, but my friend insisted that I do.

I was annoyed when they put them on display as prominent examples. I thought their presence made the rest of the setup look worse. We butchered the slicing job on the already more-ugly pie to top it off.

But they sold! And the ugly pie sold first! I guess people like ugly pie.

It was the day before Pi Day, the 3rd month, of the 14th day, of the 15th year (3.14.15). The only such day this century. I guess because the day falls on a Saturday, the school decided to celebrate a day early. So I walked into school carrying pies on Pi Day. I've never carried pies into the school before, so weird that the only day I would do that would coincidentally fall on the day where people celebrate by eating pies!

I've been nominated for the Carol Gregory Student Leadership Award! It's for Conestoga students who have made a positive difference in the communities. One of my teachers nominated me based in part on my role as a Student Life Intern with the Respect Campaign, as well as my volunteer experience with Student Life, and my academic success in my previous program. Even if I don't get it, just being nominated is a huge accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment