Sunday, March 29, 2015

Two More Weeks

Last Friday, the roommate that I'm probably closest to, and probably closer to than any roommate I've lived with since beginning college, moved away.

Sad as it is, it does bring on the traditional ceremony of scavenging the scraps that the moving roommate couldn't be bothered to pack. I remember moving out of Residence... We were both leaving, but he left first and I scored a ketchup packet and half a bottle of club soda. PARTY HARD.

Last year's roommates happened to be moving the day I came back for a job interview. They left sausages, a pot, and a pan.

And now my dear friend has left me, but he left tuna, spaghetti, and pink salt to remember him by.

Ehhhh.... But it is weird.

Last week was my block placement, meaning I did placement all week instead of classes. Since we've got our first year student in, and I know she has five weeks left, I assumed I was on a five week countdown. This is the logic I used to refute those that said we only had a couple weeks of the program left.

But then I had a flashback. We were having the going-away ceremony for the second-year placement students and everyone was real sad. It was a double-wammy when I had to explain that I was leaving too, in two weeks.

In two weeks.

So the start of the first year placement student isn't a five week countdown! It's a three week countdown! And now block placement is already over!

Lost my roommate, next my placement! Ehhhhhh, it feels like it's all hitting at once! And of course, objectively, it is.

School won't afford me the time to be sentimental, though. So much to do in these next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment