Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Super Blood Moon Eclipse

I am officially a Registered Social Service Worker and I am now legally able to put letters behind my name. I have transformed into Gryphon Sibbald, RSSW.

I was home for some time last week, and my grandparents visited. My family wanted to see an example of one of the bottles on my spice rack, in case they could find something to replace the one that broke. They'd been laughing at me for my overreaction to my damaged spice rack, but as soon as they saw the bottle, they learned better. It's not a fixation, anyone who owned that beautiful spice rack would feel the same.

A while back, we had a Super Moon, a Solar Eclipse, and a Blood Moon all together. I'm sure you heard about it, it was a pretty big astronomical anomaly. I was with my family at that time and it was overcast! Looking at visuals of people who charted its progress, it looks like it started in its Super Moon form, eclipsed, and then when it reappeared, it was a Super Blood Moon. So dramatic.

Because the house I'm living in came furnished, it was easy to think of it as a complete package and to only consider what we brought in as needing any kind of consideration. During the third week of our stay, something tickled my senses and I saw the room with a bit more clarity than usual. I turned to my roommate and said "That plant's fake, right?"

It wasn't fake. Along with the furnishings, the previous family left two spider plants and an aloe plant. They must be pretty hardy, because after three weeks of not being cared for, they were all only just beginning to look a little depressed. A little water and they look as happy as anything. And I guess aloe doesn't need sunlight, because it's stationed on a shelf in the middle of the room. Seems weird to me, but whatever.

I briefly visited my old place in Student Housing. I brought back my raffle-won lawn ornaments, my snail, toad, and turtle with solar powered glowing resin. I need to get back there to cut the heads off my sunflowers. Apparently they're still attached but wilted, which makes them ripe to harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment