Monday, January 18, 2016

Yellow Roses

My roommate bought me a pot of yellow roses. Fool doesn't even know the language of roses. Yellow means friendship and it might have been one of the most meaningful friendship gifts I ever got, and he didn't even know.

There really is a language to it:

http://www.rkdn.org/roses/colors.asp

Recently I made it back to my old place in student housing. I was there to get my mattress, bookshelf, and dresser. It occurred to me that there was a standing plant holder that came with my room, which I'd put in the shed because I couldn't find a use for it but would now work great for my yellow roses. When I went into the shed, not only did I find my plant holder, I found:

-Chicken wire
-A shovel
-A fake axe
-Seeds
-A watering can

All previously belonging to me. The guy who drove me saw me be like "That's mine... that's mine... that's mine..." and was like "How long ago did you move out?"

We only had a car, so I couldn't move my dresser or bookshelf, but I still got to pick up a lot.

Got my mattress back. I'd fooled myself into thinking that I was comfortable on my air mattress, but when I lay down on my old one, I instantly passed out. Too much comfort.

I was in Guelph a bit last weekend, and my family through me an old little CRT TV (like one of those tube sets with the curved glass). Found out my roommate had an old $8 DVD player from Value Village. Rigged it up today and it works. That kind of equipment has no value nowadays, when you can get videos for free and laptops have better screens anyway, but I'm still happy. Gonna start a little used DVD collection.

I forgot my solar powered snail, turtle, and toad lawn ornaments with glowing resin at my interim housing arrangement, so I gotta get those. And then yeah, kitchen table, dresser, bookshelf, waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment