Sunday, February 7, 2016

49 Pennies

So yesterday I bragged about finding six pennies in one spot. I told this story to my roommates and one of them was all "I bet someone found those in their pocket and threw them on the ground because they're worthless". I said "They've been discontinued for years, you don't just 'find them in your pocket' anymore". To counter me, he produced 49 pennies from an old change jar of his. I told him that I would trade each of his pennies for a coin of a greater value. I took out my own change jar of nickels, dimes, and quarters, and without looking, pulled 49 random coins.

He counted them, pulled out some coin rolls, built $10 out of quarters, and he was still counting. Originally I'd offered to quadruple the value of his pennies, which would've been a toony ($2 Canadian coin). My "coin of a greater value" system was definitely a better deal for him.

Oh well, look at how many pennies I have now! 55 pennies!

Just as a side, I think my yellow roses are going to die. They won't drink water and are withering. Time to get an aloe vera.

Edit: This 49 Pennie post is actually my 649th post on this blog! Spooky!

Second edit: My previous post was six pennies! Put the numbers of each post together... 6 and 49, and this is the 649th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment