Saturday, February 6, 2016

Six Pennies

I realize that in my past blog post, I repeated my commentary on my flavoured vitamins from a previous entry. Oops.

We got our new furniture. We now have a couch and a loveseat from the thrift store. One of my roommates got a coffee table from his family. The Planned Parenthood office is changing location and is having an office sale, and we scored two chairs and a four-shelf locking filing cabinet.

I'm really excited about the filing cabinet. Because of my work, I have documents of a sensitive nature such as consent to release information forms. I'm sure it doesn't matter, as no one I work with would know what system I have in place, but if they did, I'm sure they would feel a bit more secure knowing their information was behind lock and key. It's a good home office addition.

We have proper curtains now, too. If you'll remember, we were using a set of bedsheets from a raffle win as curtains until recently. When I went into the store to buy them, I wasn't sure what the measurements were that I needed for the living room window. So I went to the bedding section and checked what the measurements were for a king sized set of sheets, since that's what we'd been using.

Since we were using that shoddy replacement for curtains, I started paying more attention to what other people use as curtains. I found a place where they were using a carboard box, and a few places that looked to be using tinfoil. Turns out there are worse substitutes than bedsheets.

Recently I found six pennies on the ground. In the past, I've blogged about my oddly good luck of finding the discontinued Canadian penny twice in fairly quick succession. But this time I found six on a sidewalk all in one spot. So weird.

A group of kind of "thug" themed people were walking behind me when I ran across these. I momentarily hesitated about jumping on them, in cased this might make myself look less "thug".

Didn't worry about it for too long. I am officially less thug and six pennies richer.

2 comments:

  1. In one of the pictures we took in my apartment after I graduated from college, in the background, you can see what I used in one window: two Domino's pizza boxes. Not just cardboard boxes, but boxes that were too small for the window, and from bad pizza to boot! (This was back in the days when most pizza places hadn't figured out how to make money on delivery, so Domino's was pretty much the only choice.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty bad. It says "I'm willing to pay for the convenience of not having to cook... twice... but not for curtains"

      Delete