Sunday, December 31, 2017

Closing Update for 2017

Sneaking in one final blog post for 2017. This will be my 39th of the year, marking the year with the fewest blog updates since I started in 2009. I'll blame the period in time when I had three jobs, one of which was full time and night shift. Not much time and not much energy. Here's hoping for a more blog-heavy 2018.

The year with the most entries by a huge margin was 2012. In January I had just returned from Mali, and later that year I started Human Services Foundations, my first year of college. Passions ran hot in 2012.

I had to briefly return to Kitchener to do a little bit of work. I really hope that I didn't get food poisoning at that dinner party, because during my night in Kitchener, I ate a -lot- of leftovers from that party. No romaine lettuce, though. I don't think it was from that party though, as no one else that attended the dinner got sick.

My landlord tried to illegally increase my rent again and refuses to show me my lease, and is now asking me to court again. I'm going to try and get him to pay the court application fees and use the opportunity to get a copy of my lease. I don't know why he acts like this.

My aunt and cousin's visit is over. We gave my cousin a bunch of our old videogames, a dress, and a Lego set. Although each of us contributed in each gift, I was the one tasked with picking out the Lego set. Don't ever let me go Lego shopping, apparently I can't control myself. I wound up getting the largest, flashiest, most expensive set I could find.

My aunt gave my mom a painting of a phoenix, my brother some homemade jewellery, and me a note/sketchbook with a homemade cover including an engraving of a gryphon.

New Years lunch with grandparents didn't pan out for unavoidable reasons.

Ending the year on a bit of a sad note, one of the people who attended the Summer Program each year that I was involved with it, suddenly passed away shortly after Christmas. Young woman, about the same age as me. Some pre-existing health issues, but nothing that indicated serious concern that something like this might happen. Large personality, added a lot of flavour to the program every year. The loss of her presence will definitely be felt.

I'll close it with that. As always, my New Years resolution is getting my G2 driving license. Here's to 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment