Monday, April 25, 2011

A Little More Info

So, I've got a few more specifics on my CWY exchange. I have the name of the town I'll be in for my French rotation: La Pocatiere, Quebec. I looked it up, but their doesn't seem to be a ton of interesting info surrounding it. It looks kind of small, but that makes sense too, because, while they still have nothing placed under "Theme" for my exchange, at the bottom of the page, there's a "Mandate" category, with this description:

"Ministère de l'Agriculture
Direction Nationale de l'Agriculture

Le Ministère de l’Agriculture est l’institution chargée d’exécuter les objectifs de développement Rural en fonction de la politique définie par le gouvernement. La structure d’exécution chargée de la mise en œuvre du Programme d’échange est la Direction Nationale de l’Agriculture (DNA)."

I put that through Google Translate and got:

"Department of Agriculture
National Department of Agriculture

The Ministry of Agriculture is the institution responsible for implementing the rural development objectives based on the policy defined by the government. The structure shall be responsible for the implementation of the Exchange Program is the National Department of Agriculture (DNA)."

What I get from that is that the Department of Agriculture will be creating the structure for my exchange. That means my Theme is probably Agriculture. Remember, there was Health, Environment, and Agriculture.

So, why would it make sense they'd send me to a smaller town? Because Agriculture themed exchanges have you working on farms. There were a number of people who wanted me to avoid that...

It's funny, because in Katimavik, I got cheated out of my French segment, and out of my farming segment. Now I'm going to two different places that have French as a second language, and I'm going to have farming as my work placement!

Now, in Mali, the most suitable locations for agriculture appear to follow the Niger river. So we can make a rough estimate that that's the general idea of where I'll be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment