Monday, April 4, 2011

Working Tomorrow

Well, whatever story surfaced about me, it has been set. I tried to sleep through the shift, but didn't quite make it. I don't so much mind being fired as I do that my former coworkers might hear lies about me. I shared my side of the story to only one other person...

Honestly, the only reason I'd want to swing by and return my stuff is so I could see my old friends and try to clear my name... But y'know... If they knew me well enough that I should care about our relationship, they won't buy into false stories like that, and if they didn't know me that well... It shouldn't really matter, because they didn't really know me. Well, that's how I should feel, but it's hard to convince myself.

I just updated my resume, and it kind of irritates me to look at it. I have five factory positions, and I'm about to get another one. To keep it all on one page, I took off my general labour and light landscaping stuff I was just doing for random people. I'm sure I did more of that than the first two factory jobs I did, pretty near to when I finished high school, but on a resume, if you can put an official company name, I think that looks more impressive than saying you did chores for a bunch of friends. Now my resume doesn't have anything on it that isn't connected to an official organization or program.

My new job starts tomorrow at 8 AM. If nothing else, look at how employable I am now, eh? And the pain of tedium and slow deterioration as you burn away your life in return for money is less than the pain of shame, poverty, and guilt that came with unemployment.

My new job is at the main Linamar location. Maybe all this was like a promotion, hey?

After CWY, or if I don't do it, I'll probably go to college. If I don't think of anything else, I'll do that course for becoming a support worker. I did some research, and there's a one-year course that costs under $3000, that's in the city, and I know someone who's gotten a job through it. And if there's any time beforehand, maybe I'll go work for the wolfman in Chisasibi for a month. If it's not a perfect plan, it's gotta be better than staring like a deer in the headlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment