Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Follower on LotG

I messaged Residence again and asked if being waitlisted meant that they were currently full and my acceptance depended on enough people cancelling that a place would open for me.  They said that yes, that's what it meant, but that they received approximately eight cancellations per day, and that most of their cancellations will come on the 15th of this month.  Given my position as #33 on the waitlist, that would mean that a position would be open in about five days, should their estimate hold true.  Now, it hasn't worked that way, because I heard that I was #33 seven days ago.  But the 15th is in three days.  I'll give them another week before I start devising a plan B.

I have a new subscriber on this blog.  Her name is M E, and she's only subscribed here.  I don't think I know her, but I can't get too close a shot of her thumbnail image (I'm assuming she's a "she" because there's something in the thumbnail that looks like long hair).  Her reluctance to go by a full name, semi-obscured image, sudden appearance, the fact that she's only subscribed to me, and the way her name spells out the word "me" all give her an eery quality.  Of course, if you're cool, I don't mean to come off as critical, M E!

I found a friend online, on a website and under alias.  We identified each other based on certain clues, and it turns out really to be him.   Been a weird few days on the Internet.  As I typed that, I received an email from the Project Leader in Chisasibi, my third rotation placement from Katimavik.

No comments:

Post a Comment