Sunday, March 17, 2013

Helped out with HSF Info Session

Remember when that person from Belgium tried to hack my email, but Google caught it and told me to change my password? Well, I did, and after that, I kept putting in  my old password by force of habit. Everytime I'd do this, it would say "You changed your password ___ months ago". Just today, it got to seven months. Got me angry enough that I changed my password again, so now it's back  to "Changed your password 1 hour ago." Makes me feel young.

It's Roll up the Rim season at Tim Hortons now. In the past month, I've only won twice, and both times, it was when someone else bought it for me. I've only had other people buy me coffee twice, and each time, it was the only times I won. I drink a lot of coffee, too, so the probability of this is a bit weird.  It's been fine, since I've only won free coffees, but I was wondering, how would it go down if I won the car when someone else bought it for me? It should be illegal to let people buy each other coffee during Roll up the Rim. I should start rejecting people if they offer to buy for me. From another perspective, maybe I can get someone else to buy me a lottery ticket, and  we can agree to split it 50/50.

I exaggerated in my last post. It was about 60 positions, not 37. I must have been thinking of Community and Criminal Justice. Still, that's 60/600, or 6/60, or 1/10, or 10% of qualified applicants getting in (took my math to a new level this time around) so that's still not too shabby.

I did some volunteer work yesterday. Me and two other students attended two 45 minute info sessions for HSF, and my teacher spoke on the program, asking us to explain to the prospective students how we felt about each course, and also how we felt about the program in general. Got a free T-shirt, a free lunch, and a certificate.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment