Sunday, March 10, 2013

Long Guelph-Kitchener Commute

I lost my thread. On my Psych paper for the maladaptive eating disorder, I got 84%. On my 12 dimensions cultural paper, I got 90%. On my Psych midterm exam, I got 65%. I'm still in the upper crust, but I've moved from being the top of the top to the bottom of the top.  I don't know why. I'm working hard, and I spoke to one of my teachers about how to improve. Of course, I don't want to come off as whiny for being unsatisfied with an A+. Anyway, I'm just getting a lot of compliments for my work, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

I went home for the weekend. My brother's birthday is next Tuesday, and we decided I'd come home on this passing weekend since it's a little closer to the mark than the weekend after. He's turning twenty one. If we were in the States, that would be the last birthday that is important, but in Canada, legal drinking age is 19, so I guess he's past his celebratory birthdays. At least he'll be the international drinking age and will be able to drink on major airlines or if he's in another nation.

You  know how long it takes to move between Kitchener and Guelph? 3 and a half hours. You know how long it takes traveling on the Greyhound between cities? Half an hour. Do you know what that implies? It takes three hours of traveling via the city buses, and half an hour traveling between cities. Pretty ridiculous. Reminds me of my commute from one end of Guelph to the other when going to work, and how there was a guy from Kitchener whose commute was faster than mine...

The bus that goes to the Fairview Mall terminal arrives right after the Conestoga College mall leaves, and the buses have hour-long intervals on weekends, so that means that every time I catch my bus, I have an hour-long waiting period between buses.

No comments:

Post a Comment