Thursday, March 14, 2013

SSW Application Status

I'm back up!!!! Sorry everyone, I'm only just now noticing that when I took my blog off public display, that I denied it of all my regular viewers. Awhile back, I said that I'd take my blog off during the decision-making process for my SSW application, as I didn't want them to think that I was the kind of guy to slather my info all over the net. However, I don't think I gave adequate warning previous to me censoring my blog. I also thought I had it set up so that subscribed viewers would still be able to view me. However, I accidentally set it so that only subscribers that I specify would be able to view it, and because I hadn't realized that, I didn't specify anyone.

Interesting to note that my surprisingly large number of views completely ceased when I put myself on private. I suspected a number of my "viewers" must be computer-generated spyware or spambots or something. And I kinda thought those things could slip past the radar of something like a privacy setting. I guess that was kind of a weird series of assumptions.

Anyway, I got in!!!!! I'm in SSW! 37 people accepted out of 900, with 600 having the required credentials, and I made it. It's not just a guy thing, either, since I'm the first male to be accepted. I think I once mentioned a theory that there is a preference to balance gender distribution in programs where there's an imbalance in applicants.

I've already accepted! BOOYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment