Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cherry Dr. Pepper

So when I was moving my last suitcase, I had to stop to eat since I was moving around most of the day. At the place that I stopped, I noticed that they were carrying Cherry Dr. Pepper. This made me curious, because Dr. Pepper already tastes kind of like cherries, so I was wondering how they could make a cherry-flavoured beverage cherry flavour.  I purchased it, and... yeah, it was just Dr. Pepper. First impressionable difference was that the bubbles were pink.  Dr. Pepper prides itself in it's 13 flavours, and it turns out that, when you have that many flavours, knocking it up to 14 doesn't do much. Especially when the additional flavour is the same as one of the flavours in the original 13.

Upon further tasting, I found that it might have been a bit sweeter, and that the cherry element may have been put slightly more in-focus. Of course, that might just be like when red-coloured foods taste spicier just because they're red, or when you think orange M & Ms taste like oranges. Power of impression. Pink bubbles and the word "cherry" might just make the beverage taste a bit more cherry-like than usual. If it did taste different, it was a negative impression, anyway.

Double-cherry Dr. Pepper is identical to, if not worse than, it's original model. I do not recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment