Monday, April 22, 2013

Roommate Moved Out

Well, I got two more of my final grades in. For Group Dynamics and Conflict Management, I got about 99%. Again, no official final grade, but my grades were 98%, 100% and 100%. Only three papers for that course. Then, for Sociology, I ranked in with a meager 75%. I'm pretty good at Sociology, but the whole course was tests, and I'm not as good at tests as I am at papers.  My worst grade last semester was Math, with 72%, so this isn't really out of that ballpark. I would be satisfied with this, except in Psych, I have an equivalent grade right now. Final exam for that course is tomorrow and hopefully I can pull my grade up a bit.

My roommate moved out yesterday. Guess what he left me?
-A shower curtain
-A toilet brush
-Toilet bowl cleaner
-Almost two litres of club soda
-Half a thing of vegetable juice

SCORE!!

Today, though, when I went to the school for a few hours to study and returned to get some textbooks for the Buyback, I noticed that, when I returned, everything was the same, except my roommate's door was shut and locked. I went into my room and saw that everything was untouched, except that my blinds were open.

I thought "Someone's been in here, and someone wants me to know they've been in here."

Creepy much? Checked into it, and turns out that my roomie moved out and turned in his key officially. This means they came in and inspected the place for damages. Any damages up to that point constituted "shared damages" which would be split over our damage deposits. Now, because I'm the only one living here, all new damages will be my responsibility alone. Reasonable enough, but he could've told me!!! And even if he didn't, I would appreciate staff to notify me before entering my locked bedchambers and doing cryptic stuff with my blinds.

I guess they closed and locked my roommate's door because they didn't want me getting more room than I paid for, or they were worried I was gonna rent it out or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment