Monday, April 15, 2013

Final Grades Rolling In

Three of my final grades are in. 87% for Applied Communications, 96% for Cultural Diversity, and about 98% for Human Services II (this one's not averaged out, but I got 96%, 97% and 100% between the three categories inside this course, although they each have different weight).

Not going to hit the 90% overall average, though. My Psych and Sociology grades are dipping comparably low. I can pull up Soc, but I don't  have much faith for Psych. The other course is Group Dynamics and Conflict Management, which I have two papers for, both due this Friday, one worth 40%, and one worth 20%. Shouldn't be a problem, though. I got 98% on my first paper (worth 40%) and I think I will have comparable grades with these other two.

Just got two papers for Group Dynamics, an exam for Psych, and a test that is as heavy as an exam for Soc. Got the test and two papers due this week, and then the exam next week. Guess I have the most time to study for my weakest grade, so maybe I will be able to pull myself up.

Since I  have no more formal classes for four classes (formal classes for four classes, didn't mean to write it like that), this week and the one just past, I've only had classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I've got less than two weeks left in the semester. Then I get my certificate and move onto the Diploma level after summer. Feels weird.

I count six HSF students to get into Social Services, with one rejecting the offer. So that's five moving in. One of them is a friend, so I'm not moving in alone. Another one is from my section from last semester, and the other three I don't really know on a personal level. I count five rejections, but I think there are a few that I don't know about.

One person didn't get a notification with everyone else. Turns out, her application just wasn't scored. One out  of 600 chance of that happening. Since everybody was getting either unconditional acceptances or rejections and this was the final session, we were worried that they had filled up and she wouldn't be accepted, even if she scored higher than their lower-ranking acceptances. But she got in, so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment