Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Box Factory

I got six hours of work today, and eight more hours of work tomorrow, but that's probably it. Going through a new agency this time. That means that I have found work through all three of the agencies I'm signed up with.

You know that episode of The Simpsons where Bart's class goes to a box factory? Yeah, that's where I was working today. We were taking large, flat cardboard pieces with perforated lines and punching out sections that we didn't need. Not a Linamar branch, which is notable. Sometimes I worry about how I will find employment if I wind up moving to Kitchener where there is no Linamar.

$10.40 an hour. Not quite minimum wage ($10.25/hour), but getting there. I'm not overly fond of how my direction has gone from $12 to $11 to $10.40.

There's a lot of construction going on in the house. The landlord's grandson and his wife are moving into the main section, so they're getting everything all good and fixed up. However, when I'm working, I've got to sleep through the noise of construction because my schedule is no longer my own, which can be a little bothersome.

If nothing else, my sunflower is a trendsetter. My in-house neighbour likes where I planted my sunflower, favouring it over the spot he chose for his last year, and is planning on making a sunflower garden to accompany mine. Also, my family enjoyed the process of growing and planting the sunflower enough to start a little garden. We got some already partly-grown sweet peppers, hot-peppers, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, and two types of flowers. Mom also bought some onion seed and zuchini seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment