Monday, May 6, 2013

Weird Walk

Well, I've applied to nine places and I'm signed up with two temp agencies. Got two more agencies to sign up with, and then I've got to improvise.

Saw some weird stuff while out on a walk the other day. There were these four bicycle riders, three in the road, one on the sidewalk. They were all side-by-side, so branching further into the road than they should have. The one furthest in suddenly fell off his bike. He got up, dusted himself off, and then began inspecting his bike for damages. He didn't get off the road, though, and his friends all stopped to watch him. Cars were swerving to avoid him. And then he bent over to more thoroughly inspect his bike and in doing so, he stuck his bottom way out into even the other lane. Frustrating.

Then, on the same walk, I heard a scream. I looked over and saw a man lying flat on his back in a driveway, with a car backing up onto him. The car managed to stop before it hurt him. When he got up he was screaming about how he almost got run over and some lady was trying to calm him down.

Then when I got close to home, there was some big police raid going on in a house just a little down the street from us. Never seen anything like that before in this neighborhood.

I got a sunflower on Earth Day, back in my school. I didn't want the responsibility of caring for it, but I knew the people who were handing them out, and they managed to get me to take one. After I had it, I felt guilty about killing it, so I wound up following the instructions to raise it. First week, nothing happened. But when I went back to the Rez and got it with my last suitcase, strangely, in the dark of night and in my hands riding the bus, the thing sprouted. Since then, it's been growing like crazy. Another half a week, and it should be safe to transplant into the garden. It'll probably still get eaten by a squirrel or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment